Character Shops Info Aug 16, 2014 9:19:47 GMT -6
Post by Administration on Aug 16, 2014 9:19:47 GMT -6
CHARACTER SHOPSWait, what? Yes, that's right, you can run your own shops here! Whether it be a bakery or a potions shop or a mercenary company or anything in between, you can start and run your own shop and make actual rupees for it. Sounds exciting right? Well before you go and put up a shop for whatever, you're gonna need to know a few things first.
First off, you need a stock. This can be mostly anything. If you choose to run a weapon or potion shop, you can pay 85% of the store price of an item in order to put it in stock, and have it act only as stock. If you try and pay only 85% of something and then actually use it yourself, you'll be billed the remaining 15% of what you bought. That said, you can bring the cost down to 0 if you have the appropriate skills (Herbology or Metallurgy), appropriate blessings, and the right materials yourself. You can get these materials by questing. By doing this, you get 100% profit, rather than 15%.
If it's something entirely unique though, like a bakery, you only need to pay 50% of the original item's price (decided by you) in order to restock that particular item, should it run out. It pays to do things that aren't in the shopping board shops. Or maybe you need to get rid of something? Maybe you stumbled on a rare item in a quest but have no use for it? Sure, put it up for a sale, list a price, and see if there's any takers.
That said, if you are not starting a shop and are looking for things to buy, I cannot stress enough that I would prefer you get it from another player if possible. While I can understand if you want a potion and it's not in stock from a player shop, if it is I really hope you go get it from there. While I will never tell you where you can and can't shop, the thing is, while the admin shops never run out of stock and always have a fixed price; the rupees you put into it go absolutely nowhere; they simply vanish. They don't go to me or any other staff. Getting your wares from another player helps them out. Spread the love.
If you want to start a shop, simply grab the form over here, fill it out, and put it in the first post of your shop along with whatever you're offering.
As a last bit, all purchases must be made ICly.